“Your Security is our Priority”
OMDA Group Pty Ltd ABN 16638895940 (“we”, “our” or “OMDA “) is committed to providing you with the best possible service and experience. OMDA is bound to comply with the applicable laws Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPS) where we operate, to manage personal information of all users who access our Website and our Mobile Applications.
This Policy outlines our privacy practices for all of our registered Partnered Drivers, Retailers, Customers and Visitors, describing the personal data we collect, the purpose of collection, how it is used and shared, your rights including your choices.
By visiting or using our services on our Website and on our Mobile Applications, you agree and where required you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in this Policy.
Our contact details are available in Clause(8) for any questions or objections regarding our practices and for all other queries.
Policy modified on: 26th March 2021
Policy effective from: 26th March 2021
1. Information That We Collect From You
- The personal information we collect, and hold is relatively necessary for the nature of our business services, functions and user activities.
The different types of data collected by and on behalf of OMDA;
- Data provided by our users such as: during registration and any contents submitted through ratings, feedbacks and complaints,
- Data created during the use of our services such as: locations and information entered, transactions made, usage data, device data and communications data,
- Data from other sources such as: Business partners, Driver partners, third parties such as our contractors and service providers who help us to verify users’ identity, background information and eligibility to work for regulatory, safety and security purposes. Others providing information related to claims/disputes, Marketing service providers, publicly available sources or account holders who may request to authorise others to request some services on their behalf.
Data entered by users upon registration to create or update their accounts;
- This may include: Name, address, electronic address(es), phone numbers, login name and password, profile picture for identity verification, payment or banking information including (related payment authentication), and we collect background check and identity verification information (where permitted by law) for Partnered Drivers – driver’s licence, police check (driver history or criminal record), government identification documents such as work permits for (the right to work in Australia), vehicle registration and insurance, emergency contact information and gender for certain OMDA services programs such as (Women Delivery Driver Preferred).
- Location data of Delivery Driver: OMDA collects this data when our app is running in the foreground [when the app is open and on-screen] or background [when the app is open but not on-screen] of their device. Background Location Access is required in the Driver App for the following compulsory functions;
- To identify the exact location of the Drivers within a certain radius to allocate jobs, in particular, ‘Food and Drink’ type of Retailers which require Drivers to be in close proximity to the Retailers to ensure the Food arrives at the correct temperature as per The Australian Regulations Food Safety Requirement Code 3.2.2.
- To enable the retailer to start preparation and packing of the order.
- To enable the customer the right of ‘Live Tracking’ the progress of their parcel delivery while onboard after it has been picked up by the assigned driver.
- This enables us to offer services such as generating payments/receipts and support.
- To enable OMDA to track the exact location of the assigned Driver in the event of any emergency along the route of the delivery so to send another Driver to collect the parcels already onboard and continue the delivery to its destination.
- To enable OMDA to widen the proximity of certain order collections in certain areas based on Drivers’ live availability.
- This feature will only be used for these purposes only.
- Location data (delivery drivers, customers and recipients): We collect precise or approximate location data from delivery drivers, retailers, and delivery recipients’ devices if they enable us to do so. OMDA collects this data from the time the delivery job is requested until it is finished, and any time the app is running in the foreground of their device. We use this data to enhance your use of our apps, to improve pickup and drop-off locations, enable safety features, and prevent and detect fraud.
- We may also collect transaction details relating to your use of our products, services or benefits, and information about your usage of the Website and Mobile Applications and information about you from the messages including reviews/feedback and the ratings you post to the Website and Mobile Applications and the e-mails or letters you send to us and any data you use to interact with us through your device or share with us via your social media including any photographs, or video recordings.
- Any reference number you provide or which we allocate to you when using or engaging in our services for history of your record, for trips and orders counter and for prize draws and bonuses.
- Any personal information relating to any complaints, claims, disputes you submit or are proposed against you, including recording of any calls in that regard to enable an investigation and resolution.
- Personal information collected and held via financial or payment systems for the payment method that you use (including credit card details) and the payments you may make for our services through our platforms.
- Personal information which is accessible from your use of online sites or applications in which we may require for the purpose of issuing passwords or vouchers or transaction details or device related or device-generated personal information which may include your device details, device IDs, your location, network connections, network access and communication and session data.
- Your personal information which you make available to others using our services. Depending on the nature of the service requested or carried out by us to you or to other person/s you nominated to deliver to or to collect from on your behalf.
- Other types of personal information, where you are involved in providing transport-related services, identification, taxation, government or regulatory identifier (such as drivers licence details), and vehicle and insurance details.
- We may collect technical information from your mobile device or your use of our services through a mobile device, for example, location data and certain characteristics of, and performance data about your device, carrier/operating system including device and connection type, IP address, mobile payment methods, interaction with other retail technology such as use of QR Codes or use of mobile vouchers. Unless you have elected to remain anonymous through your device and/or platform settings, this information may be collected and used by us automatically if you use the service through your mobile device(s) via any OMDA mobile application or website, through your mobile’s browser or otherwise.
- We also collect personal information through our related bodies corporate, our business partners, and third parties who supply services to us.
- We will not collect sensitive information from you or any third party for any other undisclosed reasons.
- You do not have to provide us with any personal information, however if you do not do so we may not be able to provide you with the products, services or benefits you have requested.
2. Use Of Your Information
- How and why, we use your information;
- to provide you with full access to our services,
- to provide you with full support,
- for improvement, personalisation, development, maintaining our services and enhancement of your safety and security,
- to contact you and to enable communication between users,
- to market our services/updates/promotions to you and to offer to you any new features, services and products of your interests,
- for our automated decision-making relating to time, distance estimation, pricing, fees calculations, driver and vehicle allocations,
- for any legal processes (Clause 3).
- We may use your personal information to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the Website, Mobile Applications, or our services.
- You agree that we may use your personal information to let you know about our other products and services that may be of interest to you including services that may be the subject of direct marketing and we may contact you to do so by post, telephone, mobile messaging (e.g., SMS, MMS etc.) as well as by e-mail. Where you have chosen at a device level to begin or continue receiving push notifications from us, we may send you push notifications relating to the services that you have requested from us and information about our services and offers. You can choose to stop receiving push notifications from us at any time by changing your preferences on your mobile device or by contacting us (see Contact details in Clause 8).
- Opt-out. If you do not want us to use your data in this way or change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know by using the contact details set out below, amending your profile accordingly, and/or via the unsubscribe function made available to you with each direct marketing communication.
- Please note that by submitting comments and feedback regarding the Website, the Mobile Applications, and any of the services, you consent to us to use such comments and feedback on the Website, Mobile Applications and in any marketing or advertising materials. We will only identify you for this purpose by your first name and the city in which you reside unless you have previously specified not to.
- OMDA’s in-app automated decision making uses personal data to provide accurate services as outlined below;
- To enable time, weight and distance estimation of shortest route between given locations for instant accurate pricing calculations,
- To enable the allocation of the nearest driver with the suitable vehicle in use within proximity of pickup location,
- To enable immediate order and payment cancellations when allocation of driver fails within a certain automated period.
- To determine registered members’ ratings and deactivate their accounts,
- To deactivate users who have engaged in fraud or other activities deemed harmful or abusive to OMDA and its policies and/or to other OMDA users.
- To identify reasons of delays and to act and notify accordingly,
- To identify an emergency request (by drivers) and to act accordingly. For example; when a driver on duty notifies us of an emergency and the inability to continue the delivery, a new job request to his location will be sent to immediately allocate another driver to pick up the parcels from him and continue the delivery.
3. Disclosure Of Your Information
- If our business enters into a joint venture with, purchases or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your personal information may be disclosed or transferred to the target company, our new business partners or owners or their advisors.
- We may use the personal information that you provide to us if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation; or in order to enforce our Website and Mobile Applications’ Terms and any other agreement; or to protect the rights of OMDA , Partner Retailers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention.
- (For International Transactions ONLY) By providing your personal information to us, you consent to our disclosure of your personal information to organisations in those countries even though it may not receive the same protections that it would in Australia. You may request us not to transfer your personal information to other countries, but if you do so we may not be able to provide the services or products you have requested from us.
4. Security And Data Retention
The security of your personal information is important to us and we want you to trust that we take all necessary measures to protect it.
- We take steps to protect your personal information including sensitive information, security classified, and commercially confidential information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, misuse, accidental loss, destruction and damage, modification or disclosure. We will keep your personal information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
- Additionally, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when we no longer need it for any purpose.
- Where you have chosen a password, which allows you to access certain parts of the Website and Mobile Applications, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone.
- All personal information we receive and retain is stored in secured and protected servers and computer systems where all relevant security measures are taken to minimise the risks of unauthorised access and breach.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website and Mobile Applications and do not accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the internet, or for any unauthorised access or use of that information. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Accessing And Updating And Your Rights
- We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal details change, such as your address or phone number, please let us know by using the contact details set out below or by amending your profile accordingly.
- You have the right to see the personal information we hold about you (“Access Request”) and to ask us to make any changes to ensure that it is accurate and up to date unless an exception under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) applies. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the contact details set out below. In the event that you make an Access Request, we may charge a fee for retrieving this information, in which case we will inform you of the fee and obtain your agreement to that fee before providing the information.
- OMDA enables all users to access and control the data that we collect through;
- In-App settings
- Device permissions
- In-App ratings pages
- Marketing opt-outs.
- We will promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaint about the way we manage personal information.
- Information is also generated whenever a page is accessed on our Website that records information such as the time, date and specific page. We collect such information for statistical and maintenance purposes that enables us to continually evaluate our Website performance.
8. Contact And Complaints
We will take reasonable steps to remedy any issues resulting from our failure to comply with our privacy obligations.